2016-2017 Concert Schedule
All six ensembles perform in three annual concerts plus two separate Pops Concerts for the High School and 7/8 ensembles. The 2016-2017 Concert Schedule is as follows (to be confirmed):
- 7-12 Fall Pops Concert – Friday 9/23/2016, LCHS Auditorium @ 7pm
Dress Rehearsal, Friday 9/23/2016 from 6th period to 5:00 pm
- Fall Choral Concert – Wednesday, 10/5/2016, First United Methodist Church, Pasadena @ 7pm
Dress Rehearsal, Tuesday, 10/4/2016 from 1-6 pm, First United Methodist Church Pasadena
Concert call time: 5:30pm
- Winter Choral Concert – Friday, 12/16/2016, First United Methodist Church, Pasadena @ 7pm
Dress Rehearsal, Wednesday, 12/14/2016 from 1-6 pm, First United Methodist Church Pasadena
Concert call time: 5:30 pm
- Spring Fine Arts Concert – Friday, 3/10/2017, First United Methodist Church, Pasadena @ 7pm
Dress Rehearsal, Wednesday, March 8 from 1-6 pm
Concert call time: 5:30 pm
- 7-12 Pops Concert – Friday, 4/28/2017, LCHS Auditorium @ 6pm & 8pm
Dress Rehearsals, Wed/Th, April 26/27 3-6pm, LCHS Auditorium
A dress rehearsal will be held one to two days prior to each concert. Rehearsal times for each ensemble are announced in advance.
The Chamber Singers will perform two additional concerts in 2016-2017 as follows:
- Winter Gathering – Thursday, 12/22/16, Location TBD, @ 7pm
- Farewell Concert – Saturday, 5/27/17, La Canada Presbyterian Church @ 3pm
Concerts are recorded by a professional company, and digital downloads, CDs, and DVDs may be purchased at or after the performance. For more information, look on the media section of the website or contact the CPA CD/ DVD Chair, Jere Krischel (jere *AT* krischel.org)
All ensembles participate in choral festivals and/or competitions throughout the school year. Festivals give singers the opportunity to hear and perform for other high school choirs, as well as to be professionally critiqued.
Festivals are one-day events. Students will miss part-to-all of one day of school.
(Chamber Singers only) The Chamber Singers are hired to perform at a number of outside events for which they may be paid. These performances occur primarily during the holiday season. Income from these performances generally is used to subsidize special Chamber Singer functions.
Various choirs sing the alma mater at pep rallies and participate in school assemblies.
Transportation to local festivals and other events may be by chartered bus or in private vehicles. Before driving to an event, parents must fill out the LCUSD Driving Form and provide a copy of their Driver’s License and their Insurance Liability page. Completed forms must be turned into Claudia Alequin in the LCHS office and approved prior to the date of the event.